Sunday, June 24, 2007

here goes.....





Yesterday I and khena went to the Festival Kesenian Yogyakarta (FKY) or Yogyakarta Art Festival, well I saw nothing much though hheehehhee I tend to call it as the resemblance of little Malioboro where they sell stuffs from details artcraft to the fine ones like painting…… well, the paintings surely differs it from malioboro!! But the rest was not more than malioboro ,,,,,, the price of the stuffs even higher than those in malioboro……but afterall I bought two stuffs there hhehehehe, they are thong/ sandal(actually i was confused about which one i should take coz both are cute!!!!) and a cheap compact wallet hehehhee I did ask some of the sellers there wat they think about this year’s FKY regarding few things from visitor’s rate to the participation of artists and they said

It is not as crowded as the previous years---they skipped the 2006’s FKY due to last year’s massive earthquake disaster around Jogja-- . the visitors aren’t as many as the previous year’s. well I bet it is coz it’s sooo obvious!! I can see only the committees who enjoy free live music there hahhahaa…….. I didn’t see many visitors’ euphoria……. That’s not all, some booths were also closed while the festival is still on!!!!!!!! I mean They didn’t sell their stuffs that day…

But overall, me and khena were quite enjoying our window shopping yesterday, seems that im quite lucky to hit it that day, coz the sellers said “one way to attract more visitors is to sell the stuffs cheaper than the day before’ hahhaaha so then I got this thong for only 25.000 rupiahs and a 3000 wallet hehhehhe

Afterwards, we hit malioboro to see if there’s any sling bag ----that really caught my EYES and got me drooled in FKY--- offered in cheaper price.. and SURPRISE!!!! We found it!!!!!!!!exactly the same!!!! they sell 30.000 in FKY and I just have to pay 25.000 in malioboro hehehehe, not bad……..

But u know wat, the setting is quite kool in FKY, they set this huge posters with attractive paintings, but I found only few installations there, nevertheless we did some photographs with em hehheehhe……

I always am interested with the place where they hold this event, it’s in Benteng Vredeburg( some old Dutch heritage fort)… it’s got its own sense of history whenever I get in there, although at nite the sense is more of spooky ones hehehhehheh but the design of the building is artful. It used to be a Dutch fort plus prison for indo rebel at that time.

No comments: